Exchange - University of Belize
The University of Belize is an English-speaking, national institution committed to excellence in higher education, research and service for national development. As a catalyst of change it provides relevant, affordable and accessible educational and training programs that address national needs based on principles of academic freedom, equity, transparency, merit and accountability. UB's main campus is located in the capital city, Belmopan.
Program Dates (subject to change)
Fall Semester: September - December
Spring Semester: January - May
Program Cost (subject to change)
- Students are required to pay KSU tuition and fees for a minimum of 12 credit hours. To calculate your tuition costs, please refer to the Bursar’s website here: http://www.kennesaw.edu/finance/bursar/tuitionfees.html
- Students will be responsible for their own airfare, study abroad insurance, passport fees, meals, housing, transportation, and any additional charges incurred while on the program.
- A $150 nonrefundable administration fee is due at the time of application. Please note: you will NOT be considered for this program until you have paid this fee!
*** All KSU students, if eligible, will receive the Global Learning Scholarship. For questions regarding the Global Learning Scholarship, please refer to http://www.kennesaw.edu/gls
Do you meet the eligibility criteria
? Apply now
Safety & Security
Safety and Medical Handout
Belize Safety Tips
Division of Global Affairs' Advisory Regarding Zika Virus
- During pre-departure orientations, students will receive information on health considerations, travel safety, money matters abroad, cultural adjustment, cross-cultural immersion and sensibility, student responsibilities and course requirements.
- The U.S Department of State offers excellent travel, health and safety information for specific countries. For up-to-date information on Belize, please visit: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country/Belize.html
- The Center for Disease Control also provides useful information for travelers and a list of vaccinations and/or health concerns for specific countries: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/
Students participating in the University of Belize Exchange Program are required to register for a minimum of 12 credit hours, and no more than 15 credit hours.
For more information about academics through the University of Belize, check out their academics page
Fall: May 15th, 2018
Spring: October 1, 2017
NOTE: All undergraduate students must have and maintain at least a 2.75 GPA to be eligible for this program. If taking this course for graduate credit, students must have and maintain at least a 3.0 GPA to be eligible.
International Programs Specialist
Town Point - 1713
EDUCATION ABROAD REFUND POLICY & PROCEDURES
All application deposits are non-refundable, except in the case of:
*Program cancellation by Kennesaw State University
*A wait-listed student who is not added into the program
*A student who has applied to one education abroad program and clearly notifies the Education Abroad Office--in writing and prior to the application deadline--of his/her desire change the application to an alternate KSU program
Refunds for application deposits will be issued in the same form of payment originally used for purchase. Please be sure to retain all account information used for purchase and notify the Education Abroad Office (EAO) in advance if there is a problem with your account. The EAO will not be responsible for refunds sent to closed accounts.
Upon registration for the KSU faculty-led education abroad academic course(s), the designated program fee, which is separate from tuition, is charged to the student's account. The student has up to one month to pay the program fee in full, following a specific payment schedule. Failure to pay the program fee in full by the stated deadline may result in deletion from the program.
All program fees are non-refundable. In all cases, the student will only receive recoverable fees, subject to the rules/policies of external service providers. Any such refund will not include the initial application deposit and will not be issued until after the education abroad program is completed.
Program fees do not include tuition. Payment and refund of tuition will follow the normal processes establish by the Offices of the Registrar and Bursar. Students wishing to withdraw from any study abroad program or course must submit their request in writing through the Education Abroad Office.